What is my Facebook ID used for?
I don’t have access to Facebook Business Manager, what do I need to do?
It’s relatively quick and easy to find your business page ID via your Facebook Business Page.
This is probably the easiest option if you’re particularly new to Facebook, or don’t use it often.
There are more ways than one to find your Facebook ID depending upon if you use, or have access to Facebook Business Manager.
We’ve explained in just 4 steps below how to find your Facebook Business ID using your Facebook Business Page only.
Further down on this page, we’ve advised how to set up a Facebook Business Manager account if you don’t have one, or how to find your Facebook Page ID using Business Manager if you do have an account set up.
We’ve also provided information on how to add third parties to your account by use of advertising/creation of posts/general management of your business page.
1. Open your Facebook Business page and locate the tabs to the left hand side of your screen. You will see a list of tabs, depending upon which tabs you have previously selected to show on your business page to potential viewers.
2. Click the ‘About tab’. This will take you to the selected tab on your Facebook Business page. (Please note that this may take a short while to load and you may need to be patient whilst this tab is loading).
4. You will see a number of settings/headers underneath this section. The page ID is located x3 places from the bottom of the page under ‘Page ID’.
It’s particularly important that you do not share your Facebook Business ID with any other person(s), unless you provide them with permission to manage your account on your behalf. In the event that your page ID is exposed, you may lose ALL access to your Facebook Business page if accessed by any other person(s) that you may not trust.
If you don’t have an in house marketing team, it might be worth hiring a trusted marketing agency for Facebook Ad and/or post management.
Your Facebook Business ID will be shown as a 15 digit number and can also be accessed via Facebook Business Manager which is explained further below.
How do I create a Facebook Business Manager page?
If you don’t have access to Facebook Business Manager, you can create an account that associates with your page.
1. Go to business.Facebook.com and click on the blue ‘Create Account’ button in the top right hand corner of the page.
2. Enter your business name, your name and the business email address that you would like to associate with the account or manage. Click ‘next’.
3. Enter as much information as possible within the ‘Add your business details’ section. This can include your business address, phone number and website. Click ‘Submit’.
4. Check your email address (the one used above) for a confirmation email and confirm.
What do I need to do next?
1. To add your Facebook page to Facebook business manager, visit the Business Manager dashboard, then click on ‘Add page’.
2. Then, in the pop up box, click ‘Add page’ again. Begin typing the name of your business page in the text box. Your page should automatically appear, in which case, you can click on the page as it appears. If you have administrator access or own the full managing rights to the page, your request will be automatically approved.
3. Next, you need to add your Facebook Ad account(s). (It’s worth mentioning that you can’t remove the account once it has been added, so it’s extremely important to only add pages/ad accounts that you own.
I already have access to Facebook Business Manager, how do I find my Facebook ID?
(You can access this via the ‘Business Manager’ link in the top left of your dashboard.
1. Click on the ‘Business Manager’ tab, then click on ‘Ads Manager’ in the drop down menu.
2. To view all of your account ID’s, click on the ‘Account’ tab. Your account ID(s) will appear under each account name on the drop down menu.
How do I assign people to access my Facebook page(s) or Business Manager?
1. Go to ‘People’ and select the person that you would like to provide access to.
2. Click on ‘Assign Assets’ and select either ‘Pages, Ad Accounts or Product Catalogues’.
3. Select the specific permissions that you’d like to share access to and choose a role.
4. Save all changes.
If you’re already using, or have previously used Facebook Ads, then you can link existing ad accounts by visiting the Business Manager dashboard.
Click on ‘Add Ad Account’, then ‘Add Ad Account’ again. Enter the ad account ID (This is explained further up).
I don’t have an Ads account set up, how do I do this?
If you don’t have an ads account set up, here’s how to do so:
1. From the dashboard, click ‘Add Ad Account’, then click ‘Create Account’.
2. Enter your account details, click ‘next’.
3. Click on the appropriate setting for what the account will be used for.
Add people to help you to manage your Facebook page(s)/Ad account.
This is required if you do not wish for any other person(s) to access your personal Facebook profile.
1. From the dashboard, click on ‘Add people’.
2. In the pop up box, enter the email address that will be used from a team member/agencies perspective. Choose the access level for each team member. Click ‘next’.
3. In the left menu, click on ‘pages’ and choose which pages you would like each team member to work on/have access to.
4. Go back to the left menu and click on ‘Ad accounts’. (Here you can customise the access using the toggle switches.) Click ‘Invite’. To add more team members, click on ‘Add more people’. If you’re finished, you can click on ‘Done’.